BBQ Pulled Pork Rolls With Coleslaw
1.6kg (3lb 8oz) shoulder of pork (remove the rind/skin if you wish)
2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp American mustard
Preparation Time: 10min
Cooking Time: 6hr
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C (fan 200°C), Gas Mark 7. Line a roasting tin with a sheet of foil large enough to cover the pork later. Remove the string, unroll the pork and place it in the tin.
2. Mix the salt, sugar, paprika and mustard. Rub half the mix all over the pork. Keep the other half for later. Roll the pork back up again (there is no need to retie the string). Put the pork in the oven for 30 minutes so that it browns beautifully.
3. Turn the oven down to 150°C (fan 130°C), Gas Mark 2. Remove the roasting tin and fold the foil over the top of the pork. Put it back into the oven and let it cook for at least 5 hours.
4. For the last 30 minutes of cooking, transfer the pork to the barbecue in the foil.
5. Remove from the barbecue, pull the meat apart with two forks and stir in the rest of the rub mix.
Fill the rolls with the pork and coleslaw and serve immediately.