Preparation Time: 30min
Cooking Time: 1hr
- 450g/1lb lean lamb mince
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1.25ml¼tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g/4oz sweet corn
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 15ml/1tbsp tomato purée
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 450g/1lb aubergines, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 x 200g tub Greek yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 25g/1oz Parmesan cheese, grated
Heat a large non-stick frying pan and pan fry the mince, onion and garlic for 5-7 minutes.
Add the cinnamon, sweet corn, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and seasoning. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir through the parsley.
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180°C, 350°F.
Arrange half the aubergines in the bottom of a large ovenproof dish and spoon over half the mince mixture. Repeat.
In a small bowl mix together the yogurt, egg and seasoning and stir in half the Parmesan. Pour over the dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake for 40 minutes or until brown.
Serve with garlic bread and a crisp green salad.