Pan Fried Liver with Onions and Chorizo
Preparation Time: 5min
Cooking Time: 10min
- 450g/1lb lamb’s liver, sliced
- 15ml/1tbsp plain flour
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 small handful fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 175g/6oz prepared chorizo cubes
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 45ml/3tbsp good, aged balsamic vinegar
- 250ml/9floz good, hot lamb stock
In a shallow bowl mix together the flour, seasoning and sage leaves. Toss the liver in the seasoned flour.
Heat a large, dry non-stick frying pan and cook the chorizo and onions for 3-4 minutes until crispy. Remove and keep warm.
In the same pan heat the oil and cook the liver for 1-2 minutes on each side, to seal. Remove the liver from the pan and keep warm with the chorizo.
Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan and stir in the stock, and reduce for 2-3 minutes, return the liver, chorizo and onions to the pan and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Serve with mashed or sweet potatoes and seasonal vegetables..
Serve the liver pink on the inside for a succulent texture. Due to the high levels of Vitamin A, this recipe is not suitable for pregnant women